Per batch (makes about 870ml)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 cup (235 ml) thickened/whipping cream
- 1 (400 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (235 ml) Whisky (Scotch has more of a rasp than Irish Whiskey or Bourbon, but any will work)
Whisk cocoa powder, coffee powder and a spoonful of cream into a paste. Slowly add more cream a spoonful at a time while whisking until the paste is smooth and loose enough that you can whisk the rest of the cream in larger splashes.
Once all of the cream is in, whisk in condensed milk, whiskey and vanilla. Adjust sweetness/boozyness by adding more whiskey, a tablespoon at a time.
Cover with lid or plastic wrap and keep in fridge for up to two weeks, possibly longer.
Serve in a whisky glass filled with ice, or a shot glass neat, or splashed into coffee.
[Originally a Gist, which I have trouble finding , so I made this Page]